Season these to taste. We generally add about one tablespoon of cumin, and one teaspoon of oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika per cup of raw beans.
- 2 cups raw pinto beans
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green and/or red bell pepper chopped
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 minced garlic gloves
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cover the beans with about one inch of water over the top of them and soak over night.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add olive oil and put all ingredients in electric pressure cooker.
- Cover with water.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Wait to cool and serve.