- September 2019 Lunch Menu
- October 2019 Lunch Menu
- November 2019 Lunch Menu
- December 2019 Lunch Menu
- January 2020 Lunch Menu
- February 2020 Lunch Menu
- March 2020 Lunch Menu
- April 2020 Lunch Menu
- May 2020 MH Lunch Menu
- Mendota Heights June 2020 Lunch Menu
- July 2020 Mendota Heights Lunch Menu
- August 2020 Mendota Heights Lunch Menu
Vegan Lunch Menu
- September 2019 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- October 2019 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- November 2019 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- December 2019 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- January 2020 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- February 2020 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- March 2020 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- April 2020 Lunch Vegan Lunch Menu
- May 2020 Luther Vegan Lunch
- June 2020 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- July 2020 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
- August 2020 Luther Vegan Lunch Menu
Breakfast consists of unflavored whole milk for children one year old, unflavored low-fat or fat-free milk for children older than two years old; a fruit; and one of the following whole grain cereals:
- Rice Chex
- Corn Chex
- Wheat Chex
Non-dairy milk substitutes that are nutritionally equivalent to milk may be served in place of milk to children or adults with medical or special dietary needs.
Afternoon snack consists of one grain, protein, or dairy product and one fruit or vegetable.
View more recipes here.
We provide two menu options for lunch. Both meet the USDA standards for a balanced meal. One is a standard menu that usually includes egg, dairy, and meat and the other is a vegan menu. The vegan option is offered only at our Luther facility.
We began offering the vegan option in order to give children with vegan and vegetarian diets an option and to have an alternative each day for children with allergies to animal products. Other than peanut allergies, the two most prevalent allergies that we see are to dairy and eggs. The vegan menu also tends to include a more diverse range of foods including Indian and Ethiopian dishes.
Email the director if you’d like to transition your child to the vegan option. We are unable to accommodate shifts from day to day unless it’s to address an allergy. Permanent changes based on dietary preference are always welcome.